"DENARDISTON, (or Denston), a parish in the hundred of Risbridge, in the county of Suffolk, 5½ miles N. of Clare. It is situated on a branch of the river Stour. The living is a curacy* in the diocese of Ely, value £51, in the patronage of W. Pigott, Esq. The church, dedicated to St. Nicholas, is a large stone structure, and contains a font, stained-glass window, monuments of the Robinsons, and several old brasses. The charities are £1 per annum. There is a school, supported by Messrs. Walpole. C. J. Robinson, Esq., is lord of the manor, and resides at Denston Hall.
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)