"DRINKSTONE, a parish in the hundred of Thedwestry, in the county of Suffolk, 2½ miles S.W. of Elmswell station on the Bury branch of the Great Eastern railway, and S.S.E. of Bury St. Edmund's. Woolpit is its post town. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £669, in the patronage of G. E. Rust, Esq. The church is an ancient stone structure, with tower containing six bells. It is dedicated to All Saints. The parochial charities produce about £110 per annum, £33 of which is Moseley's, for educational purposes. There is a day school, with endowment; also a Sunday-school. Drinkstone Park and Drinkstone House are the principal residences."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)