"EASTON, a parish in the hundred of Loes, county Suffolk, 1 mile N.W. of Marlesford station on the Framlingham branch of the Groat Eastern line, and 2 N.W. of Wickham Market, its post town. The village is small, and wholly agricultural. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich, value £242, in the patronage of the Duke of Hamilton. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is a handsome structure, with square embattled tower, surmounted by an octagonal turret. The chancel contains monuments of the Wingfelds and Nassaus, and three brasses, dating from 1584. The register commences in 1561. Easton Park is the seat of the Dowager Duchess of Hamilton."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)