"EASTON, a parish in the hundred of Loes, county Suffolk, 1 mile N.W. of Marlesford station on the Framlingham branch of the Groat Eastern line, and 2 N.W. of Wickham Market, its post town. The village is small, and wholly agricultural. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich, value £242, in the patronage of the Duke of Hamilton. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is a handsome structure, with square embattled tower, surmounted by an octagonal turret. The chancel contains monuments of the Wingfelds and Nassaus, and three brasses, dating from 1584. The register commences in 1561. Easton Park is the seat of the Dowager Duchess of Hamilton."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2003
- Churches in Easton:
- All Saints, The Street, Church of England
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Easton area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
- Details of the administrative areas of which Easton has been a part can be seen in Vision of Britain, which contains details of historic boundaries, and more about this place.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.