"ERISWELL, a parish in the hundred of Lackford, county Suffolk, 2 miles N. of Mildenhall, its post town, and 42 S. of the Lakenheath station on the Great Eastern line. To the E. of this parish are the extensive rabbit warrens of Lakenheath. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £519. The church is an ancient structure, with a thatched roof and tower. It is dedicated to St. Peter, and contains a font and register chest, bearing date 1630. The parochial charities produce about £12 per annum. The Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists have each a chapel, and there is an endowed school. The land is chiefly owned by the New England Company and the Society for the Spread of the Gospel in America."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)