Extra-Parochial places for Suffolk

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]

"ALNESBOURNE PRIORY, an extra-parochial place in the parish of Nacton, hundred of Colneis, in the county of Suffolk, 4 miles to the S.E. of Ipswich. The river Orwell flows near it."

"CHIMNEY MILLS, an extra-parochial place in the hundred of Blackbourn, in the county of Suffolk, 5 miles N.W. of Bury St. Edmund's."

"COLD-DUNGHILLS, an extra-parochial place in the borough of Ipswich in the county of Suffolk."

"FELAWS HOUSES, an extra parochial place in the borough of Ipswich, county Suffolk."

"GEDGRAVE, an extra parochial liberty in the parish of Sudbourne, hundred of Plomesgate, county Suffolk. This place, which forms an appendage to the borough of Orford, is bounded on the E. and S. by the river Alde, and on the W. by Butley Creek."

"GEDGRAVE, an extra parochial hamlet in the hundred of Plomesgate, county Suffolk, 1 mile S.W. of Orford. It is situated near the mouth of the river Alde."

"GLOBE LANE, an extra-parochial place in the borough of Ipswich, county Suffolk."

"HALFWAY HOUSE, an extra-parochial place adjoining the parish of Nacton, county Suffolk, 4 miles S.E. of Ipswich. It is situated on the river Orwell."

"HARDWICK, an extra-parochial place in the parish of Hawstead, and hundred of Thingoe, county Suffolk, 1 mile S. of Bury St. Edmund's. It formerly belonged to Bury Abbey. It is noted for its fine breed of black-faced sheep. Hardwick House is the principal residence."

"HAVERGATE ISLAND, an extra-parochial place in the hundred of Plomesgate, county Suffolk, 2 miles S.W. of Orford. It is situated on the Havon."

"MONKS' RISBRIDGE, an extra-parochial place adjoining the parish of Barnardiston, hundred of Risbridge, county Suffolk, 4 miles N.W. of Clare. This place contains scarcely a dozen inhabitants, but gives name to the hundred and Poor-law Union of Risbridge, which comprises 26 parishes and townships.

"PURDIS FARM, an extra-parochial place in the parish of Nacton, county Suffolk, 4 miles S.E. of Ipswich."

"RYMER, an extra-parochial place in the hundred of Blackbourn, county Suffolk, 5 miles S. of Thetford."

"SHIRE-HALL-YARD, an extra-parochial place in the borough of Ipswich, county Suffolk."

"STRATTON HALL, an extra-parochial place in the hundred of Colneis, county Suffolk."

"WARREN-HOUSE, an extra-parochial place in the borough of Ipswich, county Suffolk."

Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson 2003



Return to top of page u_arrow


Are you lost in the Genuki hierarchy or arrived here from a Search Engine?
If so, use the up-arrow(s) at the top of the page to move up the hierarchy.

URL of this page : http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/SFK/Extraparochial/index.shtml