"EYKE, a parish in the hundred of Loes, county Suffolk, 3 miles S.E. of Wickham Market, and 4 N.E. of Woodbridge, its post town. The river Deben passes close to the parish. The village consists of a few farmhouses. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich, value £440. The church is a Norman structure of the 12th century, and is dedicated to All Saints. It had formerly a steeple between the nave and chancel, and contains a brass of very early date. The charities produce about £40 per annum. There is a parochial school. Nathaniel Barnardiston, Esq., and the Rev. J. G. Darling are lords of the manor. Roman and British remains have been discovered in the neighbourhood."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)