"FALKENHAM, a parish in the hundred of Colneis, county Suffolk, 6 miles S.E. of Woodbridge, its post town, and 9 S.E. of Ipswich. It is situated on the W. bank of the river Deben, near its mouth. The village is small. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Norwich, value £291, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church is a neat brick edifice dedicated to St. Ethelbert. The charities amount to about £15 per annum. The Independents have a chapel, and there is a National school. The Duke of Hamilton is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)