"FELSHAM, a parish in the hundred of Thedwestry, county Suffolk, 6½ miles W. of Stowmarket, and 8 S.E. of Bury St. Edmund's, its post town. The village is small, and wholly agricultural. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. The church is dedicated to St. Peter, and contains various monumental tablets. The parochial charities, arising mostly from land, produce about £60 per annum. The Baptists have a chapel, and there is a National school for boys and girls. In the parish are traces of ancient entrenchments. F. Harrison, Esq., is lord of the manor. Felsham Hall is the principal residence. A fair is held on the 16th August for the sale of sheep, lambs, &c."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)