"FELSHAM, a parish in the hundred of Thedwestry, county Suffolk, 6½ miles W. of Stowmarket, and 8 S.E. of Bury St. Edmund's, its post town. The village is small, and wholly agricultural. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. The church is dedicated to St. Peter, and contains various monumental tablets. The parochial charities, arising mostly from land, produce about £60 per annum. The Baptists have a chapel, and there is a National school for boys and girls. In the parish are traces of ancient entrenchments. F. Harrison, Esq., is lord of the manor. Felsham Hall is the principal residence. A fair is held on the 16th August for the sale of sheep, lambs, &c."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2003
- St Peter, Church Road, Church of England
- Churches in Felsham:
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Felsham area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
- Details of the administrative areas of which Felsham has been a part can be seen in Vision of Britain, which contains details of historic boundaries, and more about this place.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.