"FLIXTON St Andrew, a parish in the hundred of Mutford, county Suffolk, 3 miles N.W. of Lowestoft, its post town, and 8 S. of Yarmouth. There is no village, only a few farmhouses. The living is a rectory annexed to that of Blundeston, in the diocese of Norwich. The church was rendered unfit for use by a violent storm in 1703, and has not since been restored: there is now only a part of the walls standing, covered with ivy. Sir S. M. Peto, Bart., is lord of the manor."