"FOXHALL, a parish in the hundred of Carlford, county Suffolk, 4 miles S.E. of Ipswich, its post town, and 4½ S.W. of Woodbridge. It is situated on a tributary of the river Deben. The living is a perpetual curacy annexed to that of Brightwell. There is no church, only some small remains of one that existed some centuries back. A large portion of this parish is not yet brought under cultivation. George Tomline, Esq., is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2003
- All Saints, Barn at Foxhall Hall [remains], Church of England
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Foxhall area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.GENUKI Gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Foxhall to another place.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.