"GEDDING, a parish in the hundred of Thedwestry, county Suffolk, 6 miles W. of Stowmarket, and 7 S.E. of Bury St. Edmund's. Woolpit is its post town. The parish is of small extent, and the village wholly agricultural. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, value £100, in the patronage of the Corporation of Ipswich. The church is a small compact edifice."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)