"GREAT BEALINGS, a parish in the hundred of Carlford, in the county of Suffolk, 2 miles to the W. of Woodbridge, its post town, and 6 N.E. from Ipswich. It is a station on the Great Eastern railway. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, of the value of £250, in the patronage of E. Moor, Esq. The church, a brick and atone building in the perpendicular style is dedicated to St. Mary. Near the village is Bealings Hall. The parish has an area of about 1,029 acres, chiefly arable, the property of Lord Henniker, who is lord of the manor.
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)