"GREAT BRICETT, a parish in the hundred of Bosmere and Claydon, in the county of Suffolk, 4 miles to the S.W. of Needham Market. Bildeston is its post town. It lies near the Great Eastern railway, Claydon being the nearest station. In this parish was formerly a priory of the Augustine order, founded by Ralph Fitz-Brian about the year 1110, which was given with the manor by Henry VI. to the Provost and Fellows of King's College, Cambridge, in 1426. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Norwich, value £110, in the patronage of the Provost and Fellows of King's College, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to SS. Mary and Lawrence.
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)