"HARLESTON, a parish in the hundred of Stow, county Suffolk, 3 miles N.W. of Stowmarket railway station. Haughley is its post town. The parish is small, and wholly agricultural, and contains the hamlet of Rush Green. There is no village, only a few farmhouses. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich, value £175. The church is a small flint building. R. J. Pettiward, Esq., is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)