"HASKETON, a parish in the hundred of Carlford, county Suffolk, 1½ mile NW. of Woodbridge, and 7 miles N.E. of Ipswich. The village is small, but situated in a well-cultivated district. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £396 16s. 5d. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich, value £290. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, is a brick building with a curious stone tower, the lower part being round, and the upper octagonal. There is a National school. The Rev. Thomas Maude, rector, is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2003
- Churches in Hasketon:
- Details of the administrative areas of which Hasketon has been a part can be seen in Vision of Britain, which contains details of historic boundaries, and more about this place.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.