"HORHAM, a parish in the hundred of Hoxne, county Suffolk, 2 miles S.W. of Stradbrook, and 5 S.E. of Eye. Wood bridge is its post town. It is a small village, but is wholly agricultural. The land is chiefly arable. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £445. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, value £445. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, has a square embattled tower containing eight bells. The interior of the church contains an ancient oak pulpit, stone font with ancient oak cover, and a painted E. window. The parochial charities produce about £10 per annum. The Baptists have a place of worship. A National school was erected here in 1857 for both sexes. Sir E. C. Kerrison is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)