"HUNSTON, a parish in the hundred of Blackbourn, county Suffolk, 8 miles N.W. of Stowmarket, its post town, 9 N.E. of Bury St. Edmund's, and 3; miles N. of Elmswell railway station. The village is small and entirely agricultural. It is in conjunction with the village of Langham. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Ely, value £55. The church, dedicated to St. Michael, is situated in the grounds of Hunston Hall. The parochial charities produce about £12 per annum. John Henry Heigham, Esq., is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)