"ILKETSHALL ST. ANDREW, a parish in the hundred of Wangford, county Suffolk, 3 miles S.E. of Bungay, its post town. The village is small and principally agricultural. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich, value £130. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, has an octangular tower. The charities produce about £22 per annum, the produce of the town estate, which is applied to the repairs of the church. There is a Wesleyan chapel in the village."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)