ILKETSHALL ST. ANDREW
"ILKETSHALL ST. ANDREW, a parish in the hundred of Wangford, county Suffolk, 3 miles S.E. of Bungay, its post town. The village is small and principally agricultural. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich, value £130. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, has an octangular tower. The charities produce about £22 per annum, the produce of the town estate, which is applied to the repairs of the church. There is a Wesleyan chapel in the village."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2003
- St Andrew, Church Lane, Church of England
- Churches in Ilketshall St Andrew:
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Ilketshall St Andrew area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.
- Details of the administrative areas of which Ilketshall St Andrew has been a part can be seen in Vision of Britain, which contains details of historic boundaries, and more about this place.
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- Vision of Britain
- English Jurisdictions in 1851
- Elgin Road Works
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview