ILKETSHALL ST. ANDREW
"ILKETSHALL ST. ANDREW, a parish in the hundred of Wangford, county Suffolk, 3 miles S.E. of Bungay, its post town. The village is small and principally agricultural. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich, value £130. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, has an octangular tower. The charities produce about £22 per annum, the produce of the town estate, which is applied to the repairs of the church. There is a Wesleyan chapel in the village."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2003
- St Andrew, Church Lane, Church of England
- Churches in Ilketshall St Andrew:
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Ilketshall St Andrew area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
- Details of the administrative areas of which Ilketshall St Andrew has been a part can be seen in Vision of Britain, which contains details of historic boundaries, and more about this place.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.