"ILKETSHALL ST. LAWRENCE, a parish in the hundred of Wangford, county Suffolk, 3 miles S.E. of Bungay, its post town. It is situated on the road to Halesworth, The village is small and wholly agricultural. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Norwich, value £47. The church, dedicated to St. Lawrence, is a small ancient building, with a square embattled tower, and was repaired in 1841. The register dates from 1559."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)