"INGHAM, a parish in the hundred of Blackbourn, county Suffolk, 4 miles N. of Bury St. Edmund's, its post town and railway station. The inhabitants are chiefly agricultural. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge. The living is a rectory,* consolidated with the rectories of Culford and Timworth, in the diocese of Ely, value £549. The church is dedicated to St. Bartholomew. The Rev. E. R. Benyon is lord of the manor, and owner of the whole of the soil."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)