"KETTLEBURGH, a parish in the hundred of Loes, county Suffolk, 2½ miles S.W. of Framlingham, its post town, and 4 from Wickham Market. It is situated near the river Deben. The land is principally arable and meadow, and the soil clayey. The village is small, but neatly built. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £405. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, value £405. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, is an ancient edifice with tower containing three bells. The register commences in 1560. The parochial charities produce about £22 per annum, which is distributed in coals to the poor. The Duke of Hamilton is lord of the manor. Kettleburgh Hall is the principal residence. Several Roman relics have been found."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)