"KNETTISHALL, (or Knattishall), a parish in the hundred of Blackbourne, county Suffolk, 5 miles S.W. of East Harling, its post town, and 8 N.W. of Ixworth. The parish, which is wholly agricultural, is bounded by the smaller river Ouse, which separates it from the county of Norfolk. There is no village, only a few farmhouses. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, value £184. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is an ancient structure, with a square embattled tower. The tithes have been commuted. Knottishall Hall is the principal residence. T. Thornhill, Esq., is lord of the manor.
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)