"KNODISHALL, (or Knodishall-cum-buxlow), a parish in the hundred of Blything, county Suffolk, 3½ miles S.E. of Saxmundham, and 4½ N.W. of Aldborough. Leiston is its post town. The village, which is small and scattered, is situated near the coast. It contains the separate parish of Buxlow. The soil is generally a rich loam, but towards the coast it is of a lighter nature. The living is a rectory with the curacy of Buxlow annexed, in the dioc, of Norwich, value £486. The church, dedicated to St. Lawrence, is an ancient structure, with a flint tower containing one bell. In the interior is a brass to J. Jenny and wives, bearing date 1460. The register dates from 1566. About 1 mile from the church is the small village of Coldfair Green.
"BUXLOW, a hamlet in the parish of Knodishall, hundred of Blything, in the county of Suffolk, 2 miles to the S.E. of Saxmundham. The living is a perpetual curacy annexed to the rectory of Knodishall, in the diocese of Norwich. The church was dedicated to St. Peter, and has long been in ruins."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)