"LITTLE SAXHAM, a parish in the hundred of Thingoe, county Suffolk, 3½ miles W. of Bury St. Edmund's, its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is wholly agricultural. Little Saxham was the seat of the Lucas and Croft families, who entertained Charles II. in the old manor house erected in Henry VII.'s time, but pulled down in 1771. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £332. The church, dedicated to St. Nicholas, is an ancient structure with a round tower of flint. The interior of the church contains effigies of the Crofts. There are several stained windows. The register dates from 1620. The parochial charities produce about £15 per annum. The Marquis of Bristol is lord of the manor.
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)