"LOUND, a parish in the hundred of Mutford, county Suffolk, 4 miles N.W. of Lowestoft, its post town, and 6½ S.W. of Yarmouth. It is situated on the coast of the German Ocean. The inhabitants are chiefly employed in fishing and agriculture. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £437, besides a glebe of 22 acres. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, value £458. The church is an ancient edifice, dedicated to St. John the Baptist. It has recently been restored, and has a good E. window. It contains a carved stone font, of octagonal form. The charities produce about £34 per annum, distributed to the poor in fuel. The register commences in 1695. There is a parochial school. Sir S. M. Peto, Bart., is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)