"MARLESFORD, a parish in the hundred of Loes, county Suffolk, 2 miles N.E. of Wickham-Market, its post town, 5½ miles S.W. of Saxmundham. The village, which is small and irregularly built, is situated on the river Alde, and is wholly agricultural. The Framlingham branch of the Great Eastern railway passes through the parish, and has a station in the village. There are ozier beds and sandpits. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, value £362. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, is a low structure, with a flint tower containing four bells. The interior of the church contains a monument to the Alston family, bearing date 1641. The parochial charities produce about £10 per annum. Marlesford Hall is the principal residence."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)