"MICKFIELD, a parish in the hundred of Bosmere, county Suffolk, 3 miles S.W. of Debenham, 6½ N.E. of the Stowmarket railway station, and 1 mile E. of Stoneham, its post town. The parish is small, and wholly agricultural. The soil is a strong fertile loam on a substratum of blue and white clay. The surface is elevated, but level. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £390. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, value £400. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, is a small structure, with a square embattled tower on the S. side, faced with flint. The interior of the church has a brass of P. Preston, bearing date 1616. The register dates from 1609. The parochial charities produce about £25 per annum. Sir William Middleton and Alexander Adair, Esq., are lords of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)