"MIDDLETON, a parish in the hundred of Blything, county Suffolk, 4 miles N.E. of Saxmundham, and 2 E. by S. of Yoxford, its post town. The village, which is situated on the river Badingham, is wholly agricultural. The tithes, which were wholly appropriated to Leiston Abbey, have been commuted for a rent-charge of £373 17s. 6d. The living is a rectory annexed to that of Fordley, in the diocese of Norwich. The church, dedicated to the Holy Trinity, has a thatched roof and spired tower, containing five bells. The interior of the church contains two brasses, bearing dates from 1510. The parochial charities produce about £3 9s. per annum. There is a church school and a place of worship for the Wesleyans."
"FORDLEY, a quondam parish in the parish of Middleton, in the hundred of Blything, county Suffolk, now united with Middleton, 4 miles E. of Saxmundham. The living is a discharged rectory united to that of Middleton. The church, which stood in Middleton churchyard, has long since fallen to ruins."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)