"MONEWDEN, a parish in the hundred of Loes, county Suffolk, 5 miles N.W. of Wickham Market, its post town, and 4 S.W. of Framlingham. The village, which is of small extent, is wholly' agricultural. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £277. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, value £265. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is a neat structure, with a square tower containing three bells. It is situated on an eminence forming a conspicuous object for some miles round. The interior contains a brass of T. Reve bearing date 1595. Charles Austin, Esq., is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)