"NAUGHTON, a parish in the hundred of Cosford, county Suffolk, 3 miles E. of Bildestone, its post town, and 5 N. of Hadleigh. The parish, which is inconsiderable, is wholly agricultural. The land is chiefly arable. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £193. The church is a neat edifice, dedicated to St. Mary. The parochial charities produce about £1 per annum. Sir Henry Adair is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)