"NORTH COVE, a parish in the hundred of Wangford, in the county of Suffolk, 2 miles to the E. of Beccles, its post town. It is situated on the river Waveney. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich, with Willingham annexed, value £353, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church is dedicated to St. Botolph. The parochial charities produce about £5 per annum. The principal residence is Cove House.
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)