"PEASENHALL, a parish in the hundred of Blything, county Suffolk, 7 miles N.E. of Framlingham, and 24 W. by N. of Yoxford, its post town. The village, which is considerable, is situated on the river Badenham, and is chiefly agricultural. The extensive Suffolk drill manufactory of Smyth and Sons is in this parish. The great tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £432 11s., the vicarial for £91 5s., and those of the incumbent for £120. The living is a perpetual curacy annexed to the vicarage of Sibton, in the diocese of Norwich. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. The parochial charities produce about £54 per annum, realised from church lands. The Independents and Wesleyans have each a place of worship."
From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2003
- Churches in Peasenhall (TM355692):
- Nonconformist Chapel, The Street, Brethren
- St Michael, Church Street, Church of England
- Congregational Chapel, Church Street, Independent
- Chapel [Peasenhall and Sibton Methodist Church], Chapel Street, Wesleyan Methodist
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Peasenhall area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.
- Details of the administrative areas of which Peasenhall has been a part can be seen in Vision of Britain, which contains details of historic boundaries, and more about the place.
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- Vision of Britain
- English Jurisdictions in 1851
- Elgin Road Works
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
Year Population 1831 ---- 1841 ---- 1851 ---- 1861 ---- 1871 875 1881 ---- 1891 ----