"RAYDON, a parish in the hundred of Samford, county Suffolk, 3½ miles S.E. of Hadleigh, its nearest post town. It is a station on the Hadleigh branch of the Great Eastern railway. The village, which is of small extent, is wholly agricultural. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £500, and the glebe comprises 43 acres. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, value £554. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The register dates from 1682. Mrs. C. Cripps is lady of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)