"RINGSFIELD, a parish in the hundred of Wangford, county Suffolk, 2½ miles S.W. of Beccles, its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is wholly agricultural. The ruins of Little Redisham church are enclosed in a field near the Hall, it having once been a separate parish. The glebe contains about 40 acres. The living is a rectory* with that of Little Redisham consolidated, in the diocese of Norwich, value £550. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is an ancient structure with a thatched roof, and a tower containing two bells. The interior of the church contains a brass of N. Garneys and family, bearing date 1600. There is a school for girls. The Independents and Wesleyans have each a place of worship. Little Redisham Hall is the principal residence. J. Garden, Esq., is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)