"SHOTTISHAM, a parish in the hundred of Wilford, county Suffolk, 4 miles S.E. of Woodford, and 6 from Woodbridge, its post town. The village, which is small, is situated near Shottisham Ford, on a creek of the river Deben. The inhabitants are chiefly agricultural. The surface is generally flat, and there are 40 acres of marsh. The soil is light and sandy. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £226, and the glebe comprises 24 acres. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, value £248. The church, dedicated to St. Margaret, is a atone structure, with a tower containing one bell. It was restored in 1845. The parochial charities produce about £9 per annum. There is a National school for both sexes. The Rev. W. Darby and Rev. M. B. Darby are lords of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)