"SOUTH COVE, a parish in the hundred of Blything, in the county of Suffolk, 3 miles to the N. of Southwold, its post town. It is situated near the sea, and but thinly inhabited. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, value £274, in the patronage of Sir T. Gooch, Bart. The church is dedicated to St. Lawrence. The parochial charities produce £14 per annum.
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)