"SOUTH ELMHAM ST. PETER, a parish in the hundred of Wangford, county Suffolk, 1 mile to the N.E. of St. Nicholas South Elmham, and 4 miles S. of Bungay. The living is a rectory annexed to that of St. Margaret. The church is an ancient structure with square embattled tower. There are charities for the poor producing nearly £10 per annum. Sir It. Adair is lord of the manor. St. Peter's Hall, the old seat of the Tasburghs, is now a farmhouse.
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)