"TANNINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Hoxne, county Suffolk, 4½ miles N.W. of Framlingham, its post town, and 6 N.E. of Debenham. The land is partly in common. The living is a vicarage* with the curacy of Brundish annexed in the diocese of Norwich, joint value £196, in the patronage of the bishop. The church, dedicated to St. Ethelbert, has a tower. It contains a brass bearing date 1612. The parochial charities produce about £60 per annum, derived from town land."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)