"THORINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Blything, county Suffolk, 4 miles S.E. of Halesworth, and 8 S.W. of Southwold. Saxmundham is its post town. The parish includes No-where House, and was held by the Uffords, Cokes, and other families. The surface is generally level. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich, value £239. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, is an ancient structure with a tower. The register dates from 1561. The Hall is the principal residence."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)