"THORPE-MORIEUX, a parish in the hundred of Cosford, county Suffolk, 3 miles N.E. of Lavenham, 9 S.E. of Bury St. Edmund's, and 4 N.W. of Bildestone, its post town. The village is situated on the river Brett. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ely, value £656. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The register dates from 1538. The parochial charities produce about 10s. per annum. H. Sparrow, Esq., is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)