"THRANDESTON, a parish in the hundred of Hartismere, county Suffolk, 3 miles N.W. of Eye, and 2 S. of Diss railway station. The village is within the parliamentary borough of Eye. A small portion of the land is in common. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich, value £470. The church, dedicated to St. Margaret, contains armorial bearings of the Rix and Blakeby families. The parochial charities produce about £29 per annum. Sir E. C. Kerrison, Bart., is lord of the manor. A cattle fair is held on the 31st July."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)