"THWAITE ST. GEORGE, a parish in the hundred of Hartismere, county Suffolk, 2 miles N. of Mendlesham, 4½ S.W. of Eye, and 5 E. of Finningham railway station. The village is situated on the road from London to Norwich, by way of Ipswich. Petty sessions are held monthly. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, value £270. The church, dedicated to St. George, has recently been restored. The parochial charities produce about £4 per annum. In 1832 Saxon silver coins were discovered here. Fairs are held on the 30th June and 26th November for cattle."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)