"TIMWORTH, a parish in the hundred of Thedwestry, county Suffolk, 4 miles N.E. of Bury St. Edmund's, its post town. The living is a rectory annexed to that of Ingham, in the diocese of Ely. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew. The parochial charities produce about £4 per annum."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)