"UGGESHALL, a parish in the hundred of Blything, county Suffolk, 1 mile N.W. of Wangford, its post town, and 5 miles N. W. of Southwold. In the vicinity are sand and clay pits. The living is a rectory annexed to that of Sotherton, in the diocese of Norwich, value £614. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The register dates from 1558. The parochial charities produce about £15 per annum. There is a National school for both sexes."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)