"WANGFORD, a parish in the hundred of Lackford, county Suffolk, 2½ miles S.W. of Brandon Ferry, its post town, and 7 N.E. of Mildenhall. The parish is traversed by the road from London to Lynn, by way of Mildenhall. The land is partly in rabbit-warrens. The living is a rectory annexed to that of Brandon, in the diocese of Ely. The church is dedicated to St. Denis. The principal residence is Wangford Hall."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2003
- Churches in Wangford:
- Details of the administrative areas of which Wangford has been a part can be seen in Vision of Britain, which contains details of historic boundaries, and more about this place.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.