"WATTISHAM, a parish in the hundred of Cosford, county Suffolk, 2 miles N.E. of Bildeston, its post town, and 6 S.W. of Needham-Market railway station. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Ely, value £110, in the patronage of King's College, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to St. Nicholas. The parochial charities produce about £72 per annum, principally realised from town estate. The Rev. R. Daniels, of Coombs, is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2003
- Churches in Wattisham:
- All Saints-Station Church, Holly Road-Wattisham Airfield, Church of England
- St. Nicholas, Bildeston Road, Church of England
- Chapel, Near The Castle-Road to Bird Street, Particular Baptist
- Chapel, Opposite The Castle, Particular Baptist
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Wattisham area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.
- Details of the administrative areas of which Wattisham has been a part can be seen in Vision of Britain, which contains details of historic boundaries, and more about this place.
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- Vision of Britain
- English Jurisdictions in 1851
- Magic (Click + on map to view it)
- Elgin Road Works
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview