"WATTISHAM, a parish in the hundred of Cosford, county Suffolk, 2 miles N.E. of Bildeston, its post town, and 6 S.W. of Needham-Market railway station. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Ely, value £110, in the patronage of King's College, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to St. Nicholas. The parochial charities produce about £72 per annum, principally realised from town estate. The Rev. R. Daniels, of Coombs, is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)