"WATTISHAM, a parish in the hundred of Cosford, county Suffolk, 2 miles N.E. of Bildeston, its post town, and 6 S.W. of Needham-Market railway station. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Ely, value £110, in the patronage of King's College, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to St. Nicholas. The parochial charities produce about £72 per annum, principally realised from town estate. The Rev. R. Daniels, of Coombs, is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2003
- Churches in Wattisham:
- Chapel, Near The Castle-Road to Bird Street, Particular Baptist
- Chapel, Opposite The Castle, Particular Baptist
- All Saints-Station Church, Holly Road-Wattisham Airfield, Church of England
- St. Nicholas, Bildeston Road, Church of England
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Wattisham area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.