"WEST STOW, a parish in the hundred of Blackbourn, county Suffolk, 5 miles N.W. of Bury St. Edmund's, its post town, and 10 from Thetford. The parish includes Chimney Mills. The living is a rectory with that of Wordwell, in the diocese of Ely, value £302. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The parochial charities produce about £5 per annum. The Rev. E. R. Benyon, M.A., of Culford Hall, is lord of the manor.
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)