"WESTON CONEY, a parish in the hundred of Blackbourn, county Suffolk, 5 miles N.E. of Ixworth, 7 S.E. of Thetford, and 12 from Bury St. Edmund's. Near the village, which consists of a cluster of farmhouses, is the Hall. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely, annexed to that of Barningham, joint value £770. The church is dedicated to St. Mary."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)