"WILBY, a parish in the hundred of Hoxne, county Suffolk, 6 miles S.E. of Eye, and 2½ S.E. of Stradbrooke. The land is fertile, with a small tract of common. The soil is a mixture of light loam and clay upon a substratum of clay. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Norwich, value £506, besides 52 acres of glebe. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, contains a sculptured font, some carved oak fittings, several brasses, and a monument to the Green family. The charities produce about £80 per annum, including the town estate. T. G. Corbett, Esq., is lord of the manor."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)